Spanish Chapter Scholarship
Purpose: To support SHS students that are planning to continue their studies in the Spanish language at an institution of higher education.
Scholarship Amount: $250 to help with the purchase of textbooks and fees
1. Be a graduating senior at Spotswood High School
2. Be a member in good standing of the Spanish Honor Society
3. Have completed five hours of community service approved by the Spanish Honor Society sponsors
4. Have paid their dues and attended club meetings on a regular basis
5. Plan to attend a foreign language institute or major or minor in Spanish at an accredited college or university
6. One recommendation from someone outside of the World Language Department who knows you well (not a family member or friend)
1. Fill out the scholarship application.
2. Write a 250-word essay that addresses the following questions: What motivates you to study Spanish? How do you currently immerse yourself in the Spanish language and/or culture? What role will Spanish play in your future?
3. Submit your scholarship application and essay to the SHS guidance department no later than April 21, 2017.
2015-2016: Julia Sheffer
2013-2014: Emily Morris
2012-2013: Breanna Munson
2010-2011: Jonathan Key
2009-2010: Emma Haag
2008-2009: Hannah Yoder